Eurochannel is the award-winning worldwide leading European cinema TV channel.
Eurochannel is a one-of-a-kind network. Our vast selection of modern entertainment from every corner of Europe takes viewers on a whirlwind journey of European culture.
Eurochannel presents only top of the line European programming. From traditional films to the hottest new cinema; from sweeping, epic serials to heart-pounding mini-series; Eurochannel has something for everybody.
Year of creation: 1994
Gustavo Vainstein - Chairman & CEO
Gustavo Vainstein is presently the Chairman & CEO of Eurochannel and has been since May 2004. As Director of Media of CitéFibre, from France, he was involved in the launch of the first "Fiber To The Home System" in Paris. During 10 years, he was the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Programs at Lyonnaise Cable (the main Paris cable system).
Jesus Roldan – Vice President
Jesus Roldan has been Eurochannel’s Chief Financial Officer since 2002. He studied at the Universidad de los Andes, Universidad Externado de Colombia, and Cornell University. He has a degree in Business Administration with graduate degrees in Finance, Logistics, Process Redesign, Strategic Planning and Negotiation.
He served as professor for the MBA program in Applied Finance, Trading and Logistics. He has successfully led companies in the beverage, flower, construction, banking, and broadcast media fields.
Joseph de Monvallier - EVP, International Distribution & Marketing
Graduated from the business school EPSCI, he spent one year in Russia before working for the media agency Greg Corbett Associates, in London. He then joined the Eurochannel team for its launching on the US market, in 2008.
He then joined the Eurochannel team for its launching on the US market, in 2008 as Marketing & Advertising Director. In 2013, he was appointed VP International Marketing & Sales.
Christian Poccard - VP Programming and Acquisitions
Christian Poccard is currently the VP of Programming and Acquisitions of Eurochannel where he's been working since 2001.
Miami-based, of French and Italian background, he was born in Buenos Aires and lived for 20 years in São Paulo.
He holds Master degree in Marketing and Communications from the Armando Alvares Penteado Foundation and a MBA in Business from the Getúlio Vargas Foundation, in São Paulo, Brazil.
A lover of cinema since his early childhood years, he worked as an Executive Producer at the São Paulo International Film Festival, participating in the programming selection and working in the theatrical release of many international films.
His expertise of International Cinema and culture and knowledge of five languages has allowed him to contribute to several magazines during his career, collaborating as a juror for the International Emmy Awards for many consecutive years, as well as events like the Brazilian Film Festival in Miami.
At Eurochannel, he attends TV markets as MIPCOM as well as the main film festivals and markets around the world in Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Karlovy Vary, Rome, San Sebastian, Clermont-Ferrand, among others, also serving as a producer of Eurochannel's original programs.
Alex Mihalev - CTO
Graduated from the Technical University in Sofia, with a Master's Degree in Digital Radio Communications and with more than 10 years in the field, Alex Mihalev joined Eurochannel in 2013 as a CTO to work on the company's technical expansion. He started his professional career at the "State Commission of Communications" in 2003 as Senior RF Expert where he dealt with RF coverage of Sofia area, the monitoring of the spectrum and cooperate with the SCC agents and the state police.
After active military duty and completing his Diploma Thesis on Free-Space Optics applications in the Digital Communications, he worked as Senior Support and Q&A Engineer in PlayBox LTD to expand his knowledge on DVB and IPTV, where he was assigned to the USA office for providing support and installations to many American customers for the last three years, before he joined our company.
- Eurochannel was originally created by Abril Group (TVA) in Brazil in 1994, then released by Direct TV to cover all the Brazilian territory. The channel aimed at showing outside the European territory the diversity of the European culture. Since the beginning, it proposed an important part of cinema in its programming, completed by series, music, travels, arts and fashion .
- In 2000, the channel was acquired by Multithematiques INC. (Canal + Group) and Vivendi and launched its Spanish version.
- In 2004, Gustavo Vainstein, former executive at Noos, French cable operator, took control of the channel and raised Eurochannel viewers to 5 millions. Since 2004, the channel develops its programming content and also created its own programs (See Europroduction).
- The channel is continually expanding in new countries. In 2007, Eurochannel was launched in Portugal. Since April 30th 2008, the channel is available in the US in an English version through the satellite operator DISH Network, both on the “French Bouquet” and “A la Carte”.
- In July 2009, Eurochannel launched for its subscribers a monthly magazine: Eurochannel Guide. The Eurochannel Guide is issued on a monthly basis and available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish on Eurochannel website. Since November 11th 2009, the channel is available under the name Kino Europa both in DISH Network’s Polish Super Pack and A La Carte, in Polish audio with English subtitles.
- In 2011, Eurochannel launches its first on-demand service in Korea and is broadcasted in France through three cable providers.